Queens Wharf

Recreation area and river port

Morpeth’s role as one of the most important river ports in New South Wales began in the 1820s and under the instruction of the Colonial Secretary, 1833 saw the development of the public wharf for Morpeth.

Queens Wharf as it was named was to become a heavily frequented river port by settlers, merchants, mariners, timber getters and farmers. During its time as a major industrial and agricultural hub, Morpeth helped to lay the foundation for the development of the entire Hunter Valley.

Today Queens Wharf is a recreation area with picnic tables and toilet facilities.