150 Years Under Lock and Key Guided Night Tour
Immerse yourself in the history of Maitland Gaol on this 90-minute family-friendly guided tour, discovering stories of all sorts of heroes and villains. Our expert guides are regularly undertaking and updating research to give you the most informed tour of this 150 year old institution. Delve into all parts of the site and learn of the changes that have occurred in prisoner treatment through the life of this oldest continuously operating correction facility in Australia.
From the English Pentonville Model of the original cell blocks to the moders maximum security 5 Wing and the many ancillary buildings scattered throughout the site.
Bookings essential, children must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
- 21 December 2023 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm
- 31 December 2023 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm
- 10 January 2024 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm
- 20 January 2024 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm
- 26 January 2024 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm
- 28 January 2024 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm