During the weekend before Australia Day, The Levee will come to life with a temporary light display at select sites throughout the shared zone as well as Neon Nights on Friday 22 and Saturday 23 January 2021.
The Levee will be lit with Neon Nights, a fantastic display of glow in the dark interactive activities, light shows, projection art as well as mini golf, other games and activities and a DJ. Get your fluro shirt, sweat band and glow sticks ready for a night of cool tunes and hyper coloured lights.
Thanks to the NSW Government Festival of Place – Summer Fund, the footprint of Neon Nights has now been expanded to include Maitland Regional Art Gallery (MRAG) on 22 January between 7.00pm and 10.00pm and at Maitland Library on 22 and 23 January between 7.00pm and 10.00pm. There will be projections, live music at MRAG and activities and plenty of nightspots to visit along the way.
To ensure Neon Nights is COVID Safe the following measure will be in place
- All participants of Neon Nights at The Levee will be expected to use a QR Code to sign in before taking part in the activity.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided prior and after use of any equipment and regularly used by Council staff and operators.
- All equipment including golf clubs, balls and video game controllers will be wiped down by Council staff and operators between use.
- Limitations to the number of people participating in the activities will be required. When queuing occurs a distance of 1.5 metres between groups will be expected.
- Additional seating and tables will be cleaned at regular intervals.