MAKE IT MAITLAND THIS SUMMER PHOTO COMPETITION
Make it Maitland this Summer Photo Competition is the perfect opportunity to get out and about and see Maitland from a different angle. Every week throughout February there will be a different theme for you to take some snap shots of what makes Maitland.
Each week there will be two winners announced every Monday. Participants will submit their artistic interpretations on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #MakeItMaitland and will be in the running for a $200 gift voucher (conditions apply).
The theme for week one of the photo competition was 'People of Maitland'.
The winners for week one were Rebecca Smith and Tim Weston.
The theme for week two of the photo competition was 'Maitland Local Heritage'.
The winners for week two were Christine Rutherford and Benji
The theme for week three of the photo competition was 'Maitland Sunset'.
The winners for this week were Pete Steadman and Aaron Gray.
This week’s competition theme is 'The Hunter River'.
Capture a great shot of the Hunter River in Maitland. Upload to Instagram or Facebook and make sure you tag #MakeItMaitland.
Winners will be drawn on Monday 1 March.
#MAKEITMAITLAND SOCIAL MEDIA GIVEAWAY PROMOTION 2021
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter of the #MakeItMaitland Social Media Giveaway is Maitland City Council, PO Box 220 MAITLAND NSW 2320. ABN: 11 596 310 805
- The entry period is from 9.00am on Monday 1 February 2021 (AEDST) and closes at 11:59pm on Sunday 28 February 2021 (AEST)
- Entry into this Competition is free. Multiple entries are acceptable. By entering the competition, you are thereby accepting these Terms and Conditions
- Participants privacy will be protected in accordance with Maitland City Council’s Privacy Management Plan
- Entering this competition is defined as a person who posts an image to Instagram or Facebook using the competition hashtag #MakeItMaitland
- Business entities can enter the Competition and be considered. Business entities entering the Competition must use their applicable business social media account
- Entry into the competition is only open to Australian residents aged 13 years and over. The promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity and residency. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final
- Should a winner be selected that is under the age of 18 years of age, they must be accompanied by an adult or guardian if their prize contains accommodation or dining elements. In these circumstances, they must adhere to all National laws governing legal drinking age and relevant restrictions around the business’ regulations of stay. All additional costs pertaining to the guardian are at the Prize Winner or guardian’s own cost
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is deemed to be involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this Competition in any manner
- If an entrant selected as a winner is found to be in breach of these terms and conditions, a new winner may be selected and, in the event that the entrant is in breach has been awarded the Prize, the entrant may be required to return the Prize or reimburse the value of the Prize to the Promoter
- Your Content must have been created by You and not secured from some other source, so that no other third party has a claim on this Content, (including intellectual property rights and rights of confidentiality and privacy) of any third party, that creates liability for either Maitland City Council or You, or violates any local, state, national or international law
- The Competition is based on skill. Skill is defined as follows:
- Ability to capture and post a photo of the Maitland Local Government Area on Instagram or Facebook in a positive manner that promotes tourism to the region, within the competition Entry Period outlined above
- General appeal and likeability.
- There will be two (2) Weekly Prize Winners selected from Entrants who have entered between the Entry Periods by the panel of judges
- The prize will be a gift voucher chosen by the winner to a Maitland specific “Shop, Dine, Play” activity
- The activity can be chosen from the listings on mymaitland.com.au website, or at the discretion of the winner and promoter. The activity excludes most services, alcohol and tobacco products, and gambling.
- The voucher is valid for one outlet only and the winner is governed by the Terms & Conditions of that outlet.
- The prize value will be a $200 gift voucher. Two (2) gift vouchers will be awarded each week of the competition
- Week One of the competition is Monday 1 February to Sunday 7 February 2021
- Week Two of the competition is Monday 8 February to Sunday 14 February 2021
- Week Three of the competition is Monday 15 February to Sunday 21 February 2021
- Week Four of the competition is Monday 22 February to Sunday 28 February 2021
- Prizes will be awarded to the entrant whose content best promotes the Maitland region
- The Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- After the Promoter notifies the Prize Winner of the Prize, all future correspondence will then be between the Prize Winner and the Promoter
- All winning entrants must be deemed eligible as per the terms and conditions outlined in this document
- An entrant (person) can win a maximum of one Weekly Prize for the duration of the competition. An entrant (person) may submit multiple entries (posts)
- The Weekly Prizes will be awarded for the best photo or video (as per the criteria above) as decided by the judging panel
- The Weekly Entrants will be evaluated on the Monday at 9.00am following the previous competition week as per the timeline outlined above and evaluated based on the criteria outlined in these terms and conditions
- There will be four (4) themes for the competition, each will be announced on My Maitland Instagram and Facebook on the on the Monday following the previous competition week winner announcement
- The winners name will be published on the www.mymaitland.com.au website
- On Monday of each week the Prize Winners from the previous week will be contacted by Direct Message on social media. If the Promoter can’t get in touch with them within that week they will be notified as soon as possible thereafter.
- Maitland City Council may like to feature and repost the Content on our social media channels. By entering the competition, you are accepting these Terms and Conditions, which you permit Maitland City Council to use this content for the purpose of promoting this competition and re-posting the content on social media
- Entry into the #MakeItMaitland social media giveaway is not open to the employees, volunteers or Councillors of Maitland City Council or their immediate family members
- Immediate family members for the promotion is defined as Grandparents, Siblings, Parents, Partners, Children and Grandchildren
- Competition posts must be available for public viewing on Instagram and available to re-post at the discretion of the Promoter
- You acknowledge that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook
- You acknowledge that You are providing information to the Promoter and not to Instagram
- The promoter shall not be liable whether in contract or torts or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of participating in this competition or accepting the nominated prize
The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into