St James Anglican Church

Overview

The history of St James Anglican Church cannot be separated from that of its benefactor, Edward Charles Close, a former soldier who fought in the Napoleonic Wars, and who built the church on his own property in 1837 as an offering of thanks for his life spared in war. In 1874, the church suffered a fire that required significant rebuilding, with Close again paying the bills.


+ Add to Itinerary

Also Recommended for you

East Maitland

The Hunter Artisan Gallery and Cafe

  • Actively welcomes people with access needs.
  • Cafe
  • Disabled access available, contact operator for details.
  • Entity Facility
  • Family Friendly
  • Food and Refreshments
  • Membership
  • Pet Friendly - Enquire
  • Public Toilet
  • Restaurant
  • Shop / Gift Shop
  • Visitor Information Centre
Phoenix Park

Phoenix Park

  • Activities
  • Scenic Drives
East Maitland

Stockland Green Hills Shopping Centre

  • Bar
  • Cafe
  • Carpark
  • Enquiry Desk
  • Entity Facility
  • Family
  • Family Friendly
  • Food and Refreshments
  • Free Wifi
  • Games or recreation room
  • Internet Access Point
  • Non Smoking
  • Parents Room
  • Public Toilet
  • Restaurant
  • Shop / Gift Shop
  • Tags
Maitland

El Chapos

  • Actively welcomes people with access needs.
  • Disabled access available, contact operator for details.

We acknowledge the Wonnarua People as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land within the Maitland Local Government Area. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders, past, present and future with a spiritual connection to these lands.

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap